Healthy Senior Living at Cedar Crest
Health and wellness are woven into the fabric of life at Cedar Crest. Here, you gain more than just an on-site medical center—you gain a wealth of amenities to keep you active and independent.
Here are just a few of the healthy benefits at our Northern New Jersey retirement community:
- Water fitness. Whether you love water aerobics or lap swimming, the indoor pool is the perfect place to have fun while staying fit.
- Nutritious meals. The chefs at our five on-site restaurants consider your dietary needs, along with fresh ingredients and bold flavors.
- Fitness center. Our well-equipped fitness center is staffed by personal trainers to help you build the perfect workout regime.
- 100-plus activities. Cedar Crest boasts a wealth of clubs and classes to help you stay fit in mind as well as body.
- A walkable campus. Walk or bike along the paved outdoor paths or take a brisk indoor stroll through the climate-controlled walkways connecting most every building on campus.
Our Outpatient Rehabilitation and Wellness Center provides comprehensive therapy services specifically designed to improve the functional independence of older adults. We offer individualized physical, occupational, speech, and massage therapy, along with eight-week classes in:
- Osteoporosis—Held three times a year, this exercise group for individuals with osteoporosis and osteopenia meets one day per week. It’s a Medicare covered program.
- Balance/fall prevention—This group meets 2 times a week. It’s designed to reduce the risk of falls and other balance issues.
- Parkinson’s—Co-led by a physical therapy and a fitness specialist, this one-hour class includes sitting and standing therapeutic exercises for AROM and strengthening, postural training, and gait and balance training. There is a fee of $75 for this private class.
Additional outpatient rehabilitation programs include:
- Orthopedic management
- Low vision
- Aquatic therapy
- Total joint replacement services
- Vestibular evaluation and treatment
- Arthritis management
- Pelvic health
- Personal training fall risk screening
A move to Cedar Crest can be a gift to yourself as well as your family. Should you ever require advanced care, you can transition to the on-site continuing care neighborhood—located right on our 130-acre campus. We offer assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, and skilled nursing care.
As an independent living resident, you can receive in-home care through certified home health or a private duty nurse. These services can be customized to meet your specific needs. The following are just a few examples:
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Blood glucose monitoring for diabetics
- Medication and pain management
- Assistance with daily activities like bathing, dressing, and meal preparation
- Case management, including coordination with your doctor and other providers
Cedar Crest residents are eligible for Erickson Advantage®, a group of exclusive health plans designed specifically with the needs of residents in mind*. Our staff members work on-site at your community and strive to provide the personalized attention you deserve. For more information, visit the Erickson Advantage website.
*Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare. H5652_160513_065807 Accepted