Health and Wellness at Riderwood in Silver Spring
At Riderwood, senior health and wellness is our top priority. Our carefully designed community is packed with the resources you need to stay physically, socially, and mentally fit.
For your physical health
- Riderwood has three modern fitness centers managed by personal trainers who will help you design your own exercise plan. There are group classes in yoga, aerobics, tai chi, and more. Plus, well-maintained, senior-focused exercise equipment to build your strength and stamina.
- Enjoy low impact exercise in the all-season pool, or just splash around and have fun. The Riderwood aquatics center is open to residents and their guests.
- Our 120-acre campus features wonderful walking paths where you can take a stroll, jog, or ride your bike without a worry. Pets are welcome to join you!
- Glass-enclosed walkways connect all of Riderwood’s buildings. You can take a long leisurely walk indoors—at any time, in any season.
- Riderwood’s full-time chefs prepare an ever-changing menu of healthy, delicious cuisine, served fresh each day in the on-site restaurants. There are selections to satisfy most dietary preferences and restrictions.
- The on-site medical center is staffed by full time physicians who specialize in senior care for our residents. We’ll help you create a personalized wellness plan to maintain your health and independence.
- We offer a full range of outpatient rehabilitation services to support your physical, speech, and occupational therapy needs.
For your mental acuity
- Riderwood has partnered with Prince George’s Community College to bring a variety of continuing education classes to campus. Check out the ever-changing list of courses when you visit Riderwood.
- Sign up for memory fitness classes at the on-site medical center. Or stay sharp by working a puzzle, joining a cards club, or taking part in one of the hundreds of clubs and classes designed to stimulate your mind and your intellect.
- Residents with mild cognitive impairments can sign up for Memory Health, a program designed to support and manage memory health while still living independently. The program includes medical management, resident support services, and family support.
For your socialization
- Many experts say the key to a long, happy life is making and maintaining friendships. This is fun and easy at Riderwood, where your neighbors are other active seniors who share your interests and ideals. Our lively social atmosphere is sure to keep you young at heart!
- All residents, regardless of faith, are welcome to visit our worship center for lectures, concerts, and spiritually-focused activities.
Take advantage of short- or long-term support in the comfort of your Riderwood apartment home, with in-home care. Doctor-prescribed, certified home health, or private duty nurses help you maintain your independence by offering these customizable in-home services:
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Assistance with daily activities, including meal preparation, dressing, and bathing
- Medication and pain management
- Blood glucose monitoring for diabetics
Licensed as a residential service agency by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Health Care Quality. License no. R1140.
Should you ever require assisted living, memory care, nursing care, or rehabilitation Riderwood has a continuing care health services neighborhood located on the grounds of the community. You’ll enjoy the same high-quality service and attention in a setting that’s convenient and familiar.
A leader in quality senior care, Riderwood has a 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for seven consecutive years.
Riderwood residents are eligible for Erickson Advantage®, a group of exclusive health plans designed specifically with the needs of residents in mind*. Our staff members work on-site at your community and strive to provide the personalized attention you deserve. For more information, visit the Erickson Advantage website.
*Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare. H5652_160513_065807 Accepted