North Naples, FL -- Fall may be here and even though the changing times have encouraged us to spend more time than ever in our houses, many are still spring cleaning. It's true many of us drag our feet when it comes to discarding items around the house and downsizing. So, what's holding you back from beginning the process of downsizing?
If sorting through the clothes in your closet from the past few seasons seems less than exciting, or you don't know where to take the donations of furniture and household items that are taking up valuable space in your house or garage—wonder no more.
Siena Lakes, a new community coming to North Naples, has the resources you need to kick-start clearing out the clutter.
Siena Lakes Sales Counselors Suzy McAllister and Kristine Kluge are here to answer your questions and will be with you every step of the way.
At your service
"The first step in planning a smooth transition to Siena Lakes is a home visit," says McAllister. "We work together to and decide what should be downsized, sold, or eventually moved."
The prospect of downsizing can feel daunting. But once you get started, you'll see just how worthwhile it can be. These tips to simplify the job and ease your stress.
- Start small and go slow.
- Focus on one room or area of the house at a time
- Give yourself plenty of time, take breaks, and don't rush.
- Have your boxes and packing sup-plies ready before you begin.
- Sort your items into categories.
- Not sure/I'll decide later
- Ask some honest questions
- Is it really important to me, or am I keeping it out of habit?
- How much room will it take up in my new home?
- Is it easy to clean or does it require special care?
- Can it save space by serving multiple functions?
- Is it appropriate for my physical needs or stage of life?
- Help yourself to let go.
- Offer heirlooms and treasured possessions to family and friends.
- Sell or donate items so that some-one else can love them, too.
- Take photos of the items you most want to remember.
- Don't forget: You're only parting with possessions, not memories.
- Ask for help! This is where Kluge and McAllister come in.
"Our customers appreciate the personalized attention we provide them that starts with a furniture floor plan and takes them all the way to their new home," says Kluge.
Team of experts
Kluge and McAllister are already working to connect you with a consortium of real estate, downsizing and moving professionals, while, at the same time, providing oversight to ensure your satisfaction. By connecting you with trusted professionals in your area, you can feel confident you'll get top-notch service. From contractors needed to do odd jobs to senior move managers, the resources you need will be at your fingertips.
Years of service
Both Kluge and McAllister have years of experience and know how to make your downsizing process seamless and stress-free.
"Everyone has unique plans and needs, but we provide support along the way," says Kluge. "I enjoy getting to know everyone through every step of the way."
"I've visited thousands of clients in their homes during the past 12 years and have realized each transition plan is as different as the house people are moving from and their treasures inside," says McAllister. "My favorite part of the visit is when I see folks start to relax and feel confident because a plan is in place."