Health and Wellness at Tallgrass Creek
The key to a happy, healthy lifestyle is staying in peak physical, mental, and emotional condition. Tallgrass Creek supports your total health and wellness with these resources:
Stimulate Your Mind
- Enroll in an educational class. Tallgrass Creek offers lifelong learning classes right on campus. Ask for a list of upcoming courses when you visit the community.
- Play games. The Tallgrass Creek game room is stocked with stimulating board games, cards, and puzzles. Challenge your neighbors to some friendly competition.
- Give your hand-eye coordination a workout. Join the Wii bowling team or challenge your friends to a game of billiards. There’s also a baby grand piano in the living room if you happen to play.
- Take advantage of Memory Health and Memory Fitness programs designed to keep you mentally sharp so you can stay independent.
Exercise Your Body
- Our fitness center is outfitted with senior-friendly exercise equipment. Our personal trainer can help you with a workout routine or enroll you in a fitness class.
- The all-season pool is a refreshing place to enjoy low-impact exercise. Join a water aerobics class, play some water volleyball, or swim laps.
- Climate-controlled walkways connect most campus buildings. Even during snowstorms and scorching summer days you can enjoy a daily walk around the community.
- Power walk, jog, or pedal your way to better health on our well-paved walking paths.
- The on-site medical center is staffed by full-time physicians who specialize in senior care for our residents. We’ll help you create a personalized wellness plan to maintain your health and independence.
Renew Your Spirit
- Broaden your social circle by meeting new people and sharing your story. Our on-site restaurants have an open-seating policy, so you can share a meal with a different group of neighbors whenever you like.
- All residents are welcome to join worship and spiritual activities at Tallgrass Creek. There are prayer groups and other spiritually focused activities that will help you deepen and sustain your faith.
Tallgrass Creek residents are eligible for Erickson Advantage®, a group of exclusive health plans designed specifically with the needs of residents in mind*. Our staff members work on-site at your community and strive to provide the personalized attention you deserve. For more information, visit the Erickson Advantage website.
*Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare. H5652_160513_065807 Accepted