Collection of your Personal Information
You can visit our websites without disclosing personal information. If you choose to provide information, Erickson Living collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Erickson Living also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Erickson Living. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Erickson Living for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Erickson Living websites.
Use of your Personal Information
Erickson Living collects and uses your personal information to deliver the information or services you have requested. Erickson Living may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Erickson Living may share your personal information with its managed communities or affiliates in your local area to provide the information that you have requested or to advise you of other products or services available from Erickson Living or its communities in your local area. Erickson Living may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Erickson Living may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Erickson Living, and will maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Erickson Living keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within Erickson Living, in order to determine what Erickson Living services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Erickson Living to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Erickson Living reserves the right to disclose your personal information, without notice (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) operate its systems appropriately; (d) to protect the rights or property of Erickson Living, its communities, or affiliates; or (e) for exigent circumstances.
Opting out of future email communications
To opt-out or unsubscribe from future emails, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Unsubscribe from email communications." To ensure your opt out request is properly processed be sure to send your message using the same email account to which we sent our correspondence.
You may also unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you received from us.
If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact us: 1-800-920-0856
Erickson Living 701 Maiden Choice Lane Catonsville, MD 21228
From time to time, Erickson Living may send surveys requesting your interest in health care services or educational programs about health care services. If you choose to respond, this information may include disclosure of health information. This information is collected only on behalf of your local Erickson Living managed community and maintained by that community. Notice of privacy practices concerning your protected health information is available on the community website. Please select the 'Our Communities' tab on the Erickson Living website and look for the HIPAA link at the bottom right of the page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at Hostmaster@erickson.com.
You may also contact us at:
Erickson Living 817 Maiden Choice Lane, Suite 100 Baltimore, MD 21228
The following rules govern the use by you of Erickson Living's website. The rules set forth herein apply to all materials, online communications, and other information that is or becomes available on Erickson Living's website (collectively, "Information"). BY LOGGING IN AND USING ERICKSON LIVING'S WEBSITE, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND ANY MODIFICATIONS THERETO.
- Personal Uses Permitted. Erickson Living is an online information exchange service for use by the general public. You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any Information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules and regulations.
- User's Obligation to Abide By Applicable Law. In connection with the use of Erickson Living's website, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement ("Applicable Law"). The Information available on Erickson Living's website may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- Disclosure of Online Communications. You are cautioned that any online communications may not be fully confidential. In addition, you should be aware that federal postal regulations do not protect electronic mail. You should be aware that some administrative personnel of Erickson Living may, in the course of their regular duties, have access to communications for technical or operational purposes. Erickson Living may also disclose any communications to the extent permitted or required by law.
- Prohibition Against Rogue Programming. You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through Erickson Living any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, trojan horse, time bomb, worm or other rogue programming ("Rogue Programming"). Erickson Living has no obligation to detect the presence of any Rogue Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on Erickson Living's website is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by Rogue Programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
- Content of Information. You are responsible for the content of any Information you put on Erickson Living's website. Erickson Living reserves the right to review any Information that is or becomes available on their website. Erickson Living reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any Information that is, in Erickson Living's sole discretion, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. Erickson Living has no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights by Erickson Living; however, Erickson Living has adopted and implemented a policy respecting the copyright law that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Erickson Living website system or network who are repeat infringers. Erickson Living may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. ERICKSON LIVING IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ERICKSON LIVING DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE, THAT ERICKSON LIVING'S WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION IS FREE OF ROGUE PROGRAMMING.
- Limitation of Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ERICKSON LIVING BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ERICKSON LIVING'S WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON SAID WEBSITE, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
- Release and Indemnity. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY AGAINST ERICKSON LIVING ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. YOU ALSO AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, ERICKSON LIVING FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS FEES, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF ERICKSON LIVING'S WEBSITE OR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Modifications. These rules may be modified by Erickson Living from time to time and such modifications will be binding on you when placed online.
The Erickson Living website uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Erickson Living website pages, or register with an Erickson Living site, a cookie helps to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Erickson Living website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
Your Access to Personal Data
Registered users can view or modify their profiles or unregister from www.ericksonliving.com at any time by clicking on the "Preferences" tab in the right hand corner of any page on the site.
Types of Information Collected
When you register on the Erickson Living website, we ask you to create a user name and password and to select a hint. We also collect your salutation, first and last name, company name, job function, industry, zip code, e-mail address, country, business focus and publication and marketing preferences. We also request your postal address, but this information is optional.
Registered users are granted access to select content and site features that are unavailable to unregistered users. If you use our Forward to a Friend function in our newsletter, we collect the email addresses you input in order to deliver and identify the recipient. The information will not be used to further communicate with the end user unless he or she registers and opts in to receive additional information. If you choose to participate in our forums, your responses may be used for research purposes. The information will not be shared with advertisers or other vendors unless you give us permission to do so. Erickson Living reserves the right to print responses given without the contributor's consent where Erickson Living deems it valuable to its audience.
Advertisement click-throughs are totaled and that number is presented to advertisers. These numbers do not contain personal customer data. Advertisers use this data to judge the effectiveness of their advertisement and to enhance its functionality to www.ericksonliving.com users. We will never provide actual customer-identifying data to advertisers or any other outside parties without your prior, confirmed consent.
Erickson Living does not collect personal data that Safe Harbor laws consider "sensitive." That is, we do not collect information about an individual's medical condition, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or sexual life. We also do not knowingly collect information from children. If we request this information in the future, we will notify you in advance and you may provide this information only if you so elect to do so on an "opt-in" basis only.
Member Account, Password, and Security
If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Erickson Living immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Erickson Living will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Erickson Living or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Materials Provided to Erickson Living or Posted at Erickson Living's Website
Erickson Living does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to Erickson Living (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community (each a "Submission" and collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting ("Posting") your Submission you are granting Erickson Living, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all Erickson Living Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. Erickson Living is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and Erickson Living may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
Changes to this Statement
Erickson Living will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Erickson Living encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Erickson Living is protecting your information.
Erickson Living welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Erickson Living has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Hostmaster@erickson.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Copyright © 2012 Erickson Living, 701 Maiden Choice Lane, Baltimore, Maryland 21228 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Erickson Living Web properties, contact Hostmaster@erickson.com