On-Site Health and Wellness at Tallgrass Creek
When you live at Tallgrass Creek, experienced medical care is just steps from your door. Our team of health care professionals will help you achieve your personal wellness goals from the convenience of the on-site medical center.
Tallgrass Creek offers these extraordinary benefits:
- Old-fashioned care. Tallgrass Creek doctors work in your neighborhood. Because we get to know you as a person, we can help you with more than just basic medical care—we can help you make your personal wellness goals a reality.
- More time with your doctor. Unlike most medical practices, we schedule most appointments in half hour increments so your physician can give you the time and attention you deserve.
- An ideal location. The on-site medical center is located on the first floor of the Audubon Clubhouse, which can be reached from any apartment home through weatherproof walkways. You’ll never have to cancel an appointment because of a threatening forecast.
- Same-day appointments. Because our physicians practice exclusively at Tallgrass Creek, you rarely have to wait long for an appointment. We can usually see you the same day you call when you sign up as a patient.
- Physicians who specialize in senior care for our residents. Our medical team understands how to treat ailments that are prevalent with aging. They’ll help you manage chronic conditions and improve your overall health.
Denise Zwahlen, M.D.
Dr. Zwahlen received both her bachelor’s degree and medical degree from the University of Missouri in Kansas City, Missouri. She completed residencies in family medicine at Guthrie/Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pennsylvania and Truman Medical Center East in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Zwahlen is board-certified in family medicine with added qualifications in geriatric medicine; she trained at the geriatric fellowship program at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She joined Tallgrass Creek in June 2016.
Raphael T. Nguyen, D.P.M.
Dr. Nguyen received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, and his medical degree from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, Iowa. He completed his residency in podiatric medicine at VA Medical Center in Hot Springs, South Dakota. He is a board-certified podiatrist. Dr. Nguyen joined Tallgrass Creek in September 2015.
Rhonda Gaugh, D.O.
Dr. Gaugh received her bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Kansas City Medical Center and her doctor of osteopathic medicine degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. She completed her residency in family medicine at Mayo Clinic Health Systems Hospital in Mankato, Minnesota. Dr. Gaugh is board-certified in family medicine and has a fellowship in hospice and palliative medicine from the University of Kansas Medical Center. She joined Tallgrass Creek in April 2016.
Shelly Duke, R.N., M.S.N., F.N.P.–B.C.
Ms. Duke received her bachelor’s degree in nursing from Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon, Wisconsin, and her master’s degree in nursing from the University of Kansas in Kansas City, Kansas. She is a licensed family nurse practitioner. Ms. Duke joined Tallgrass Creek in June 2014.